Dear Semion Clients and Guests,
June 24, 2020
Update: Beard Trims, Face Shaves, & Waxing
The State of Colorado has now allowed performing services such as beard trims, face shaves, and waxing. As a precaution, barbers and stylists are required by the State Board to wear a face shield and a mask during those services.
Colorado State Board Summary:
1. All team members and customers get temperatures taken at the entrance
2. Everyone has to wear a face mask, and only during facial services, the mask can be removed temporarily for the beard trim or face shave duration. During those services, face shields must be warned by barbers and stylists.
3. The six-feet spacing is still required inside the barbershop.
4. You can now make an appointment online within 5 minutes or call 5 minutes before your arrival. Depending on availability, you can be seen in a matter of minutes. This is the closest we can get to a walk-in timing but with an appointment, so if you are in the area book online or give us a call.
5. Parents are welcome to be with their kid(s) in the barbershop during the haircut.
6. Please arrive 1 minute before your appointment time.
7. Please sanitize your hands; we have plenty of hand sanitizers around the barbershop.
We want to thank everyone for their patience as we are safely reopening under the State Board regulations.
June 12, 2020
Parents & Kids | Walk-ins
We have great news that we wanted to share with you. As the State of Colorado relaxing the restrictions on the barbershops and salons, we wanted to share with you the latest updates.
1. You can now accompany your child inside the barbershop during the haircut. You can even hold them in your lap if it is necessary. You no longer have to wait outside. That was allowed after DORA has increased total people permitted from 10 to 50. We do not anticipate more than 15 at any given moment.
2. Since a reservation is required to receive a service but you happen to be in the area and need a haircut, no worries. We have adjusted the online booking settings so you can book an appointment within 5 minutes of your arrival (depending on availability).
3. You can also call to reserve a spot within 5 minutes (depending on availability). This is the closest we were able to get to a walkin-appointment.
4. Both team members and clients have to wear a mask and take the temperature. Children under the age of 2 years are exempted from wearing a mask.
5. Beards trims and face shaves are not permitted at this time.
6. No waiting in the barbershop is allowed at this time.
7. A quick reminder we are open now at 8 am.
We are closely monitoring the DORA guidelines to provide our services safely, and we will continue updating you if anything changes.
Thank you for your patience and support!
May 27, 2020
Stanley Marketplace is Open!
We have great news! Stanley Marketplace has finally reopened its doors to everyone. You can now visit us for a haircut, color, and eyebrow waxing services from 8 am to 8 pm. We still have to follow
State Board regulations:
A. Masks during services
B. 10 people or less in the shop
C. Temperature checks
D. Appointments preferred please book online
E. But if you happen to be at Stanley and want to get a haircut we can take you in, if with you there are 10 people or less in the shop just call to check. We have plenty of openings so book now with your favorite barber/stylist.
Thank you for being patient and we are looking forward to seeing you at our Stanley Marketplace location.
Semion & Team
May 14, 2020
Dear Parents and Kids,
We have great news for families with little kids. Over the past few days, we have been working with parents and Stanley Marketplace to create better accommodations for kids that need adult supervision during the haircut.
At our Stanley Marketplace location, we have a unique opportunity to allow kids to get a haircut and allow parents to monitor the service. As many of you know, our Stanley Marketplace location has huge windows that will enable parents to watch their kids receive the service by standing or sitting outside of the barbershop.
1. Can kids come to the Stanley Marketplace with a parent? Yes
2. Can you give haircut instructions to the stylists? Yes
3. Can you watch your kids receive a service behind the window? Yes
4. Can you make a reservation for more than one child at the same time? Yes
We hope that this opportunity will give peace of mind in these challenging times. To have your kids receive much-needed haircuts but at the same have an adult monitor the process behind the windows.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we will be happy to answer and implement it.
Semion and & Team
May 11, 2020
When & How To Arrive For Your Appointment
First and foremost, we would like to thank everyone for a warm welcome back to Semion Barbershop at both of our locations. We still have a lot of availability this week if you have not yet received a haircut.
We are working very hard to make sure we provide the services under ten people restrictions in the shop. You would have our deepest gratitude if you can book your reservation online via the Semion Barbershop website by clicking on BOOK. As phone calls flood us and we are unable to get to all of them promptly, and it makes us sad because we want to get to all of you. But if you are having difficulties booking online, please give us a call, and one of our team members will help you.
Once you have a reservation confirmation email, please make sure it is on the correct date and time for your haircut. If you did not receive a confirmation, please check your spam folder. But if you don’t see it there, please give us a call to confirm your reservation.
On your reservation day:
For Stanley Marketplace Location at Aurora – Stapleton:
Please wait by the East Entrance (Bounce and Kindness Yoga) outside the door 1-2 minutes before your appointment time, and we will meet you outside to take you inside.
For Lincoln Location at Denver:
Please wait by the outside door 1-2 minutes before your appointment time, and we will meet you outside to take you inside.
We are happy to share our experiences from the past few days to make your reservation timely and safe.
We sincerely appreciate your support.
Semion & Team
May 9, 2020
We are happy to announce that everyone is now able to pre-book an appointment for a haircut at all of our locations. With that in mind, we would like to share a few things.
We take your safety seriously!
- You MUST have a reservation in order to be serviced at Semion Barbershop from now until further notice. Please go online or call your local shop to book an appointment with one of our barbers/stylists. Please wait by the outside door 5 minutes before your reservation time and one of our team members will meet you.
- Please remain six feet apart if possible in the shop.
- Per DORA guidelines, we are only allowing 10 people in the shop at all times. Please do not bring in any additional people with you to your reservation. They will be asked to wait outside if they are not receiving a service from us at that time.
- It is mandatory that you are wearing a face mask. This will be worn during the entirety of your visit with us. Services that require the removal of the mask cannot be performed at this time.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the shop. We recommend checking your temperature prior to leaving for the shop to minimize the risk. If it is at or above 100.4°, we will ask your to reschedule.
We thank you for being cooperative during this time.
May 4, 2020
We are happy to announce that everyone is now able to pre-book an appointment for a haircut at all of our locations. With that in mind, we would like to announce a few things.
1. We have extended our hours Monday – Saturday 7 am – 9 pm and Sunday 8:30 am – 7 pm.
2. We will have 5 barbers/stylists in the morning and 5 barbers/stylists in the evening, so there will be plenty of room to book an appointment that will suit your schedule.
3. We will have special hours for our dear clients, ages 60 and up. Monday through Saturday 7 am – 8 am. Please do not book during those times if you are not in that category. We will re-adjust those hours if necessary based on-demand.
4. We have extended our time slots from 20 to 30 minutes that will allow our team members to complete the haircut within 20 minutes and use the remaining 10 minutes to clean thoroughly for the next appointment.
5. As we have mentioned, DORA requires clients to wear a mask during the service that means, please bring your mask. Also, we will not be able to provide services like beard trims, face shaves, or anything that will require the removal of the mask. We will resume those services once the masks requirement is lifted. Sorry for the inconvenience.
6. Any services you plan to receive must be pre-booked. Our staff will not be able to add any additional services at this time.
Only the person with the appointment is allowed in the barbershop, no kids, friends, or extras allowed in at this time. Maximum 10 people are allowed per state board, so no walk-ins or waiting lines in the waiting area.
7. Please make sure you receive a confirmation email/text from us once you booked and double-check it is for the correct date and time.
8. Please wait outside or in your car until your reservation time. One of our staff members will meet you outside when your barber/stylist is ready.
We are prepared and very excited to see all of our dear clients again, and more importantly, make you look and feel great.
Semion & Team
May 1, 2020
GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:
🚨WE OPEN ON SUNDAY, MAY 10TH! 🚨
🚨START PRE-BOOKING MAY 4TH🚨
We at Semion Barbershop will follow all new protocols to ensure the safety of us and you, our incredible clients.
Outlined below are the guidelines that everyone must follow until further notice. Please note that the following is subject to change at any time, and we will update our social media channels with the latest information as it continues to evolve.
• Only the person with the appointment is allowed in the barbershop, no kids, friends, or extras allowed in at this time. Maximum 10 people are allowed per state board, so no walk-ins or waiting lines.
• Please make sure you receive a confirmation email/text from us once you booked and double-check it is for the correct date and time.
• Any services you plan to receive must be pre-booked. Our staff will not be able to add on any additional services at this time.
• To protect the team members and clients in the barbershop, we kindly ask everyone to get the temperature taken by a touchless thermometer before entering the barbershop. Temperature of 100.4 is automatic “No GO.”
• All working stations will be at least 6 feet apart.
• All clients and stylists will wear a face mask at all times inside. Please wear a mask that will allow haircut on the back of your head without taking off the mask.
• REMEMBER to bring your face masks, or we will have to refuse service.
• The reception and waiting areas are closed. We ask that you wait outside or in your car until your stylist comes and gets you.
• Each station will be thoroughly sanitized after each client, which may cause a short delay between appointments.
• All clients must use hand sanitizer or wash hands before entering the salon and starting your service.
If you are experiencing any signs of illness, or are experiencing a fever, cough, or trouble breathing, please stay home and reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days later to ensure you are symptom-free. We are continuing to waive our cancellation fees during this time. Also, if you are uncomfortable with any of the guidelines outlined above, please let your stylist know, and we will reschedule your appointment for when we can fully reopen.
We are experiencing an overwhelming amount of calls, texts, and social media messages, so please bear with us. The easiest and preferable option is to book online.
Thank you for your patience, and we are excited to serve our communities once again.
Semion & Team
April 27, 2020
City and County of Denver and the surrounding counties have extended the stay at home until May 8th. We understand the toll it has taken on a lot of our clients and we would like to re-open as soon as we have permission from the city and the safety guidelines from the State Board of Colorado. (New Tentative Day May 9th)
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Semion & Team
April 23, 2020
We hope you have all been staying safe during the past seven weeks. As many of you have heard, the Governor of Colorado has announced that some non-essential businesses can return on April 27th. But our industry is regulated by DORA, and as of April 23rd, 12 pm (today), no barbershop, salon, or spa has received permission nor guidance on when and how to open. (Tentative opening date is May 1st)
At Semion, we are preparing to reopen with all the necessary safety requirements to protect our team members and clients from unnecessary risks. We have ordered, masks and face shields for all our team members. Moreover, we have also ordered touchless thermometers, which will allow us to check on our team members twice a day and check all the clients before they are allowed to enter the barbershop.
Once we have received the official DORA guidelines, we will immediately do the following:
- Share our opening date so you can book online
- Share state safety guidelines for our industry
We at Semion understand the community needs to receive the haircuts, and we are working at this time to provide but with the high safety component in place for both our team members and clients.
Please check your email or our Facebook posts for further updates.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
P.S. We truly miss you all!!!
Semion & Team