The weather’s getting cooler, the leaves are changing, so you know what time it is: back to school! Whether you have little ones just starting their first academic year, or college students getting ready for their final senior semesters, everybody will want to be looking their best when they walk in the classroom on the first day. That’s why we’ve put together a quick list of 10 Awesome Back to School Hairstyles that will be certain to impress your new classmates!
1. The Bedhead Braid: With just the right combination of care-free and control, this look will be turning heads without forcing you to wake up 3 hours early just to get ready! It’s cute, a little sassy, and easy to do even if you accidentally slept through the first few snoozes on you alarm clock.
2. Short and Simple: While we have some more advanced styles for guys on this list, we thought we’d start with something simple. A clean cut with short sides, some sideburns, and a little bit of texture on top couldn’t be any easier. Just wake up, ruffle the top with your fingers, and you’re good to go. Works with or without product.
3. Ruffled Pixie: We’ve mention how the pixie cut is coming back into fashion in an earlier blog post, and back to school is a great time to surprise your friends with this bold new look. With the ruffled version, texture is key. Keep it fringy in the front with a soft perimeter to maintain that cute, feminine look.
4. Faded Pompadour: Like the pixie cut, the pompadour is another classic hairstyle making a comeback thanks to celebrity attention. But rather than going full “pomp”, the faded pompadour is a bit more understated, giving a classier look. Keep the hair cut close to the skin about half way up the head until it hits a fade of considerable length on the top.
5. Oversized Top Knot: Take your bun to a whole new level with the oversized top knot. Favored by celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Olivia Munn, the big top knot takes a little bit of skill, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Backcomb your high ponytail and twist into the shape you like.
6. Peaked Cut: Look no further than Neil Patrick Harris or Channing Tatum for inspiration with this style. The peaked cut requires a bit of styling in the morning, but will leave you looking classy and ready for class! Especially good for guys with square faces, wide foreheads, or angular features.
7. Fringe Bangs: Always a classic, try some bangs on for size this school year. Taylor Swift is one celebrity who loves this style, which brings attention to the eyes and frames the face beautifully. The fringe is a simple way to spice up any hairstyle.
8. The Undercut: As well as making hit songs, hip-hop artist Macklemore has also made the undercut a hot hairstyle choice for men. This low-maintenance cut takes one quick trip to the barber and is good for several weeks after. With no blending between the top and the sides, it’s a striking look. Pair it with a short beard for a more rugged appearance.
9. Cute and Curly: Add some curls for a cute look that involves little effort. Just wrap your strands around a clampless curling iron, spray the finished curls with some hairspray, and voilà! For an even trendier look, visit the salon for some coloring so that the ends are light and the roots a bit darker.
10. Straight Shag: It doesn’t get much more low-maintenance than this. For guys with somewhat longer hair who want to keep it that way, get your hair razor cut in long layers to add some movement and instill that care-free shaggy look around the sides.