Colorado residents all love to boast about our 300 days of sunshine every year, but that still leaves at least 65 days of less-than-perfect weather to contend with. With Fall now here to stay, we all have to deal with more humidity, and for Colorado that means some rainy days. But rain doesn’t mean you can’t still look your best. Here are 5 easy tips to keep your hair looking fantastic for those rainy days.
1. Braids & Ponytails: One sure-fire way to keep your hair looking good despite the weather is to tie your hair back and style it into a simple braid or ponytail. The humidity may still cause it to frizz a bit, but it will be much less noticeable. Try two lightly braided pigtails for a youthful, fun look, or one large braided ponytail down your back for a dressier appearance.
2. Hairspray: Although it’s not entirely necessary if you’re going for a more casual style, a light coating of hairspray will be sure to hold your style in place and ward of extra moisture.
3. Gel: Alternatively, rather than trying to fight the rain and wetness you can choose to embrace it. Keep your hair damp and coat it with a managing product that will prevent the water molecules from puffing your hair up as soon as you walk out of your house. This is especially helpful for those with shorter hair, for whom ponytails or braids are simply not an option. Slick your hair back with gel to keep it styled, frizz-free, and in place. The wet appearance will nullify the need to try to keep your hair dry.
4. Anti-Frizz Spray: If you’re not a fan of the gel, coat your hair in an anti-humidity spray after styling. Anti-frizz sprays are great for those accustomed to battling poofy hair, as it will create a formidable barrier between your hair and the moist air.
5. Umbrella and Bonnet: Big surprise, but tip #5 is to bring your umbrella! However, even umbrellas can’t fight the water particles floating in the air, so if you want to make absolutely sure your hair stays dry think about investing in a simple, old-fashioned plastic rain bonne